Harrow Schools Library Service supports subscribing primary schools by providing tailor made project loans and professional advice and support to a very high standard.
- To support the national curriculum
- Encourage literacy and reading for pleasure
- Enhance teaching and learning
- Offer practical advice and support on library related issues
Summary of Services Available
- Project loan service: tailor made boxes upon request and delivered to your school
- Book Purchasing Service: you select books from an Exhibition collection and we manage the purchasing for you using specialist suppliers and best discounts.
- Advisory and Support: Help on planning and organising your school library through stock checking.
- Storytelling to support your book weeks and other special events.
Would you like to enhance your lessons with a themed storytelling session?
Using books, story sacks and puppets where appropriate we wish to encourage a love of reading for pleasure amongst school children. Sessions can be created to suit your class and themed to support the curriculum.
Sessions must be booked in advance, are subject to availability and charged as follows:
- Subscribing schools: £50 for half a day or £75 for whole school day.
- Non-subscribing schools: £75 for half a day or £100 for whole school day.
There will continue to be no charge for storytelling to support schools during World Book Day week.
Please contact Sarah Townsend on 0203 7147739 or Harrow.SchoolLibraryService@carillionservices.co.uk
Harrow Junior Book Award
The School Library Service launched this annual award in 2015. It is a chance for schools to introduce Year 5 and 6 pupils to some of the best new children’s fiction published that year and to vote for a winner at the end of the process.
The final award ceremony is always held in a Harrow school.
The School Library Service is available on annual subscription to LEA and independent primary schools, Children’s Centres, nurseries and playgroups in Harrow.
Further detail available on application.
9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Sarah Townsend, Schools Library Service Managers
Gayton Library, Garden House
5 St John’s Road
Telephone 0203 714 7739