Local History Collection
The local history collection covers:
Acton, Ealing, Greenford, Hanwell, Northolt, Perivale, West Twyford, Southall-Norwood
The types of material in the collection are as follows:
- Electoral registers 1890 to date (incomplete)
- Council minutes 1906 to date (incomplete)
- Minutes of some colleges and health authorities
- Maps (predominantly Ordnance Survey, 1865 to circa 2000; a few parish and other maps; photocopies obtainable, subject to copyright)
- Books, periodicals and pamphlets (originals or copies)
- Directories (available also in digital format). 1853-1975. Incomplete
- Newspapers 1854 to date. Microfilm; partly indexed; photocopies obtainable)
- Photographs (copies obtainable, subject to copyright)
- Census returns (1841 is on film; 1841-1891 are in bound volumes, some indexed.) 1841 and 1901 Censuses are available on microfilm.
- Accessioned archival material - deposited original material from various public and private sources. These include some vestry minutes and other civil parish records (but not parish registers). They also include diaries of local residents for the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, papers of General Wetherall, Greenslade papers concerning the Martin Brothers and Martinware, some school log books and papers of some local clubs. There are also many educational archives.
Closed access - photographs, paintings, prints and drawings (produced from store by prior arrangement only)