MEETER AND GREETER VOLUNTEER
What does the role involve?
We are currently looking for volunteers to greet customers and direct them where they need to go when they come into the library. You would also help to publicise library events and assist customers with self service facilities.
Hours expected from Volunteers
The hours expected from volunteers will vary depending on the library’s needs.
The maximum hours a volunteer can do is 4 hours per day.
- To provide a welcoming and helpful service to the library
- To aid customers in finding the resources they need
- Publicise ongoing and one off library events
- Assist customers borrowing and returning books using the self-service facilities
- Any other associated tasks from time to time to be agreed
Skills and Experience
- Good communication skills and the ability to explain things simply and easily
- A patient approach
- A basic knowledge of the range of services offered by Libraries (although up to date information will be provided)
Reliability and the ability to make a regular commitment to the library.
You will be supported and given training necessary to work in this environment.
There are various volunteering opportunities in libraries if interested.
Applications to volunteer should be made via:
Volunteer Champion CSS/Team Leader/Senior Library Assistant/Library Officer
Volunteers may claim direct travel costs reimbursed on production of receipts. The cost of a one day travel card will be the maximum paid to cover travel expenses.