LEGO EDUCATION SUPPORT VOLUNTEER
What does the role involve?
We are currently looking for volunteers to assist our LEGO Education clubs which will be running in libraries across the borough. Our volunteers will assist the children attending the groups with building LEGO and using LEGO software.
Hours expected from Volunteers
This opportunity is weekly. The sessions will run for approximately 3 hours. The maximum hours a volunteer can do is 4 hours per day.
- Working alongside both adults and children
- Assisting families in building LEGO and using the LEGO software
- Helping to set up the materials for the session
- Tidy up materials at the end of the session
- Overseeing the sessions in the absence of staff
Skills and Experience
- Good team player
- Good knowledge of IT
- Works well in a busy environment
- Good communicator
Reliability and the ability to make a regular commitment to the library.
You will be supported and given training necessary to work in this environment.
There are various volunteering opportunities in libraries if interested.
Applications to volunteer should be made via:
Volunteer Champion - CSS/Team Leader/Senior Library Assistant/Library Officer
Volunteers may claim direct travel costs reimbursed on production of receipts. The cost of a one day travel card will be the maximum paid to cover travel expenses.