IT SUPPORT VOLUNTEER
What does the role involve?
We are currently looking for volunteers with a good knowledge of IT to assist and support customers with computer enquiries who visit the library. This would involve assisting customers to access and develop their skills using the internet, email, word processing skills, Excel and Powerpoint.
They would provide one to one or group support, and would tailor this to suit the needs of the individual they were assisting.
Hours expected from Volunteers
The hours expected from volunteers will vary depending on the library’s needs.
This opportunity is likely to be 2 hour sessions and the amount of sessions a week is flexible.
The maximum hours a volunteer can do is 4 hours per day.
- To enable library customers to access ICT and develop skills in using the Internet, email, word processing skills, Excel and PowerPoint.
- To help customers fill in online forms e.g. Freedom Pass renewal, school admissions.
- Provide one to one and group support to library customers with ICT
- Tailor support to suit the needs of the individual
- Assist and support members of the public with any queries or questions they may have
Any other associated tasks from time to time to be agreed
Skills and Experience
- Good team player
- Good knowledge of IT
- Works well in a busy enviorment
- Good administitive skills
- Good customer service skills
- Patience and sympathetic attitude
Reliability and the ability to make a regular commitment to the library.
You will be supported and given training necessary to work in this environment.
There are various volunteering opportunities in libraries if interested.
Applications to volunteer should be made via:
Volunteer Champion - CSS/Team Leader/Senior Library Assistant/Library Officer
Volunteers may claim direct travel costs reimbursed on production of receipts. The cost of a one day travel card will be the maximum paid to cover travel expenses.