HOMEWORK HELP SUPPORT VOLUNTEER
What does the role involve?
We are looking for enthusiastic people to assist library staff in running a Homework Help Club for KS2 up to GCSE level.
We are looking for volunteers who can work with young people on a one to one basis, assisting in improving their study skills. You will support them in homework queries as well as helping them to develop better study techniques.
Hours expected from Volunteers
Volunteers will be required for approximately 2 hours, one day a week.
The maximum hours a volunteer can do is 4 hours per day.
- Working one to one with young people and aiding them with their studies.
- Assisting young people with their homework & coursework
- Building young people’s confidence & abilities
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working with young people, ideally within a school setting, but this is not essential.
- Good communication and I.T skills
- Patience and sympathetic attitude
- Good team player
- Works well in a busy enviorment
- Good administitive skills
Reliability and the ability to make a regular commitment to the library.
You will be supported and given training necessary to work in this environment. From this role you will be given an opportunity to share your skills and gain invaluable experience.
There are various volunteering opportunities in libraries if interested.
Applications to volunteer should be made via:
Volunteer Champion - CSS/Team Leader/Senior Library Assistant/Library Officer
Volunteers may claim direct travel costs reimbursed on production of receipts. The cost of a one day travel card will be the maximum paid to cover travel expenses.